IDLEWILD STUDENT DRESS CODE
- All Idlewild students are required to wear uniforms at school. Students must wear uniforms daily unless you are notified in writing by the school.
- Colors for top: White and Navy – Idlewild logo shirts in navy, white, gray and black may be worn if they are purchased at Idlewild Elementary.Acceptable styles include: Polo or golf-style shirts, Oxford, button-down shirts, turtle necks and blouses with Peter Pan collars. T shirts worn underneath shirts must be solid white – no colors or logos. Shirts should be tucked in with a belt.
- Colors for Bottoms: Tan, navy or black –Acceptable styles include: shorts, pants, skirts, jumpers or dresses. Shorts, skirts, and jumpers must be knee-length. Denim is not allowed to be worn as part of the school uniform.
- Outer Wear: Cardigans, sweaters, light jackets or vests may be worn; however, they must be SOLID black, gray or navy and free of any logos or designs. Idlewild hoodies in black, gray, and navy are allowed when purchased through Idlewild. Heavy coats may not be worn during the school day.
- Shoes: Tennis shoes, loafers, shoes with a back strap (no higher than an inch and a half). Shoes will rollers/wheels are prohibited.
- Students are not allowed to wear hats/caps in the building.
- Parents will be called to bring a change of clothing when students are out of uniform. The school will follow SCS Student Code of Conduct in administering consequences for failure to comply with SCS Uniform Policy.
- District policy prohibits all students from wearing clothing, apparel or accessories that denote a student’s membership in or affiliation with any gang associated with criminal activities. Principals have authority to place restrictions on the Basic Uniform for safety reasons.