The SCS volunteer website is up and running. For parents that would like to volunteer, review the content below.
New or Returning Volunteers (Level I). Examples for Level I include in town field trip chaperones and school event volunteers.
Go to the school library and access the website to submit your information for a background check. You can only access this website at the school.
New Volunteers (Level II and Level III) Examples for Level II includes chaperones for out-of-town daytime field trips, cafeteria assistants, and safety patrol. Examples for Level III includes overnight chaperones, one on one tutoring or mentoring, and extracurricular assistants.
1. Go to the school library and access the website to submit your information for a background check. You can only access this website at the school.
2. Go to the office to obtain a signed approval form. This form must be taken to the School Board when you are fingerprinted.
3. Call the Board at 416-7600 to schedule an appointment for fingerprinting. Bring your personal identification (i.e. Driver’s license, social security number, etc.) to Shelby County School Board of Education, 160 S. Hollywood, Room 314
Parents that already had Level III clearance from the previous school year must do the following
1. Go to the school library and retrieve your existing record.
2. Update any necessary information. (i.e. updates to address, phone number, etc.)
3. Click Submit. This completes the process.
It takes approximately 5-7 days to process background checks. You may contact the school office to check the status of your application. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact the school at 416-4566.